Gardener with 3 to 5 years experience
The Gardener must know and be able to perform the following landscape maintenance tasks:
1. Fulfill all requirements of Novice job description.
2. Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety regulations.
3. Be aware of the safety of the public and fellow employees.
4. Report all unsafe practices or conditions to Foreman.
5. Take proper care of tools to avoid lose or misuse.
6. Apply granular chemicals after proper training and under the direct supervision of the Foreman.
Tools and Equipment
The Gardner must know and be able to use the following equipment:
1. Fueling Procedure and Identification of 2 Stroke and 4 Stroke Engines.
2. 33cm Walk-Behind Lawn Mower.
3. Height Adjustment and Blade Replacement on 19cm and 33cm Mowers.
4. Reel Type Mower
6. Hedge Trimmer
7. Line Trimmer
8. Reciprocating Trimmer
9. Identification of Broken or Poorly Operating Equipment
11. Chain Saw
1. Able to identify by common name 15 frequently used plants (annuals, ground covers, shrubs/perennials, trees and turf).
2. Basic pruning, cleaning and detailing techniques.
3. Basic planting of 5 liter, 20 liter and color packs.
1. Recognize and report broken or clogged sprinkler heads.
2. Know signs of excessive water use and report to Foreman.
Measure of Performance
1. Proficient in safe and proper use of specified equipment.
2. Able to identify the common name of 15 frequently used plants (annuals, ground covers, shrubs/perennials, trees and turf).
3. Able to prune, clean and detail.
4. Able to properly plant 5 liter, 20 liter and color packs.
5. Adhere to company policy and safety standards.
6. Able to work as a team member.
This position reports directly to the Foreman.