Lettuce Rack (100% Organic) from GardenStuff
Date Listed 09/10/2018
For Sale By Dealer
Attention, salad lovers! Skip the supermarket and grow fresh lettuce yourself, no green fingers needed.
Lettuce is one of the easiest and best vegetables to cultivate in containers, just like spinach. Homegrown lettuce is superior to anything you’d find in a supermarket.
You can have fresh salads all year, and you’ll save a ton of money doing it yourself rather than paying retail prices at the store.
Here is how:
Remove the outside leaves when you need them in salads and keep the centre leaves growing. It’s called “cut and grow again” for repeat harvests. No need to replant all the time.
Water the plants with grey water at least twice a week. The soil shouldn’t dry out completely.
Lettuce benefits from having most vegetables near it. Chives and garlic, in particular, are excellent neighbours because they naturally repel aphids, a common problem for lettuce. Similarly, marigold, one of the big powerhouses of pest repellers, can be planted near lettuce to help keep the bugs away.
Morning is the best time for harvest as the lettuce will be at their freshest. The leaves are plumped up overnight and are at their most succulent. Avoid harvesting in the blazing sun and heat of the afternoon. Evening harvesting works if you water first and wait 15 minutes.
Lettuce Rack (100% Organic):
85 cm x 30 cm x 85 cm (h)
Find our full range of wooden planters at www.gardenstuff.co.za
Why use Planters from GardenStuff?
* they are not nailed or stapled together, but solidly constructed with rust-resistant screws.
Why? Nails rust which causes wood-rot. Also, it makes later maintenance almost impossible.
* we do not use pallet timber, our planters are 100% organic.
Why not? Pallets are treated (because of border crossings). These treatments can contain poisons like the highly toxic Arsenic, which seeps into the soil and ends up in the stuff you probably eat.
* our boxes are designed by gardeners for gardeners and they are designed to last longer than just a few planting seasons.
* The soil will not trickle through gaps that are too wide, and the bottoms will not fall off due to not considering the heavy weight of the soil.
* need a particular planter size, or to overcome a problem? We will accommodate you.
* the quality materials we use are considerably more expensive and still, our products are cheaper.