What are we looking for?
We seek to appoint a Labour Advice Support Desk and Assurance Coordinator based in Stellenbosch. The Co-ordinator will support stakeholders within the sector with implementation of the Code of Conduct and ensure continuous improvements in standards implementation.
It's a one year contract position, with a possibility of extension.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Review of Self-Assessment Questionnaire of members
· Moderate quality of social audit reports, compliance documentation and corrective actions submitted for Quality Assurance and Consistency purposes
· Identify inconsistencies against organisations policies and high risk audit findings for further development
· Track the audit and certification status
· Make recommendations on compliance trends and assist with training to members and auditors
· Analyse and report on the audit data and programme for various purposes
Labour advice and technical support
· Provide technical and legal advice and support to producers and members during the audit process leading up to the certification and accreditation of members
· Provide technical and legal advice to Certification Bodies
· Correspond and assist with producers on certification status
· Research and communicate all relevant case law and legislative changes pertaining to the Code and standard and prepare legal briefs.
· Facilitate information sessions and discussions on Code implementation with stakeholders
· Staff the Labour desk (Whatsapp hotline) by receiving labour referrals, refer for investigation and conduct the necessary follow up on complaints. Manage relationships and process related to the labour desk.
· An appropriate Bachelor’s degree (Labour Law/Social Sciences/Human Resources/Development Studies) with a track record in social/ethical auditing, HR management, social impact assessments or labour law practice and management experience with two years’ experience minimum
· Excellent communication and facilitation skills with fluency in English and Afrikaans.
· Good analytical ability with some statistical skills a plus
· Innovative thinker and self-starter
· Great computer skills essential.
· Can-do approach
· Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
· Drivers licence with own transport a must as travelling locally to clients is required
Afrikaans fluency as well as a valid driver's license and own reliable transport is a non-negotiable operational requirement for this position.
The remuneration package and terms of employment will be negotiable based on experience.
Monday 21 January 2020.
Please send your updated CV in Word format, together with a letter of motivation highlighting your suitability to the role, to email@example.com