Our client, a leading berry farming organisation, is looking for an experienced, self-motivated and target driven Farm Manager for their farm in Stellenbosch.
- Agricultural Qualification or Business Qualification (for example, Post Graduate Business Qualification).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Exceptional leadership and management experience.
- Financial management, including budgeting experience.
- Planning and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in the soft fruit industry.
- Working under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Experience in HACCP, BRC, and or other quality systems.
- Oversee all production practices on the farm.
- Ensure good record keeping of all actions on farm is kept.
- Setup a budget for production.
- Keep all production action within the budget setup annually.
- Create and implement systems for efficient labour management and productivity.
- Ensure an effective wage system is in place and managed.
- Weekly and daily staff planning coaching with Production Manager.
- Productivity measurement and feedback on costing of production actions.
- Maintain a high yielding crop with high quality.
- Ensure a high quality is kept on harvesting.
- Keep constant record of all harvesting volumes.
- Report on harvesting and fruit income frequently to CEO and shareholders.
- Ensure farm compliance with all required accreditations for export.
- Create timelines and budgets for all development projects.
- Manage contractors to keep with timelines set out.
- Manage all contractor payments and keep with quoted and budgeted amounts.
- Keep track of all expenses on farm and keep to yearly budget.
- Ensure that all expense approvals are recorded and done.
- Keep track of all income to farm and ensure amount balances are accurate.
- Assist the Financial Manager in all expense allocation for financial management purposes.
- Setup a budget for all farm maintenance purposes.
- Ensure good maintenance of company vehicles.
- Setup procedures and schedules for all maintenance.
- Ensure good maintenance of company buildings and infrastructure.
Security and Safety:
- Implement good security practices with Security Officer and manage Security Officer directly.
- Identify security risks and manage appropriately.
- Ensure the safety of the product and personnel at all times in all procedures.
- Build and maintain good relations with suppliers and contractors.
- Create and maintain an esthetically pleasing and high standard estate visually.
Remuneration: An all-inclusive CTC package of R 40 000 per month negotiable.
Starting date: 1 February 2020
Please forward your CV to us if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Salary: R40k pe month
Job Reference #: DEW58