Assistant Farm Manager Blue Berries
Date Listed 28/06/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Employment Equity Non EE/AA
Chiltern Farms (Pty Ltd), Vyeboom
Chiltern Farms is a producer and packer of fruit in the Vyeboom area.
A challenging career opportunuity exists for an applicant with proven leadership and managment skills.
The main tasks will be:
Management of staff in the blue berry farming department.
Processes involved in blue berry production in 50 hectares of orchards.
New orchard development.
Blue berry growing tunnel management.
The position will report to the farm manager.
• A tertiary education in agriculture.
• English or Afrikaans fluency. (Ability to speak Xhosa or Sotho will count in your favour)
• At least 2 - 3 years of practical experience in fruit production and management.
• Computer literate on Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).Drivers licence
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• A work ethic that stresses accuracy, thoroughness, drive and integrity.
• Willing to work overtime, perform some weekend duties and reside on the farm.
The remuneration package is market related and negotiable. A company contribution to a medical aid and retirement annuity, 13th cheque, inclusion in a profit share scheme and housing on farm forms part of the standard benefits on offer.
Closing date 21st of July 2018