Senior Stock Controller (Engineering)
An established Water Purification business based in Strand, Western Cape is seeking to employ a Senior Stock Controller to be responsible for the movement of inventory in and out of the organisation with each mechanical, electrical and chemical item being accounted for and traceable from the supplier and to the customer and/or divisions. The client is looking for a someone with an accurate, detailed and no-nonsense approach to managing the stock room and systems, but who can build and management professional working relationships.
Qualification, Experience and Competencies
- Essential Education - Relevant Diploma or equivalent experience in related field (Inventory Stock Management)
- Desired skills and qualities - 4- 5 years experience in the similar role
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed relating to stock ordering, record keeping, stock taking and the management of stock capture inventory data on accounting software.
- Monthly stock take in co-ordination with the Store Manager.
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure that orders arrive timeously.
- Responsible for store admin.
- Maintain an honest work ethic and a safe dialysis environment by complying with occupational health and safety.
- Managing and controlling inventory.
- Account for all stock related movements accurately and timeously in order to contribute to the efficient running of department and effectively contribute to profitability.
- Creating mechanisms to enhance and measure the effectiveness of inventory.
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Handling and disposal of damaged stock.
- Manage staff, Stock-Picker and Store Intern.
- Arranging courier to collect water samples on a daily basis.
- Responsible to maintain Chemical stock levels at optimal stock levels
- Administer the stock management inventory system
- Look for ways to do things better, faster, more efficiently-agile.
- Builds and maintains relationships/networks to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
- Accuracy in work, to prevent any unnecessary double work.
Salary: R12,000 to R15,000 per month, dependant one experience