This position if for Disabled applicants ONLY that are able to fully run with this function below.
Functions of the Job
The purpose will be achieved through the following functions:
· Design of electronic products from concept, technology research, full technical product specification, design of schematic and PCB using Altium Designer, design of firmware - right through to a fully qualified, robust prototype.
· Walking the product through the production facility during the first-off prototype builds.
· Full spectrum bench-testing and verification, environmental verification and Electromagnetic Compliance verification.
· Liaising with the Industrial Engineering Department to get the product fully industrialised.
· Training of Engineering Services and Test and Repairs Departments to be able to support the final product.
· Product Documentation on Specifications, Manuals, Changes etc.
· Firmware Development for Microcontrollers – generally done in C.
· Occasional PC Software development for testing purposes - these will generally be done in C / C++ / Visual Basic /Java/TCL.
· Liaising with the Software developers to integrate components into complete systems.
· Designing with DSP’s, ARM Processors, 8051 based Micro’s, PICs, Motorola Micros and FPGA’s.
Requirements of the Candidate
· Minimum BSc Degree in Electronic Engineering
· 3 to 4 years working experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
· Solid Hardware (electronics) experience in Analogue and Digital Design. This involves Schematic and PCB design.
· Solid Firmware development experience with Embedded Systems and C.
· Experience in Compliance Testing for Certifications of Product.
· Ability to write or modify PC Based Software in Visual Software Suites.
· Ability to plan a project accurately given a complete specification.
· CPLD, FPGA Design experience would be a plus
· DSP experience would be a plus.
· Ability to impart knowledge of product and train Industrial Engineering, Engineering Services, Test and Repairs Departments at handover.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with departments within the company.
· An eagerness to embrace change and previously unused technologies.
· A responsible, self motivated individual driven to meet deadlines.
· A meticulous individual with significant attention to detail.
The candidate appointed to this position will be expected to:
· Manage himself/herself with little supervision
· Produce results in line with commitments and agreed objectives
For the FULL spec, email the agency.
NO CHANCERS will be viewed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary R35-R45k CTCclaire@ctwconsulting.co.za