Junior Mechanical Engineer
Seeking a junior mechanical engineer with 2-3 years of any work experience that is interested in joining the plastics converting industry. This post is based in Killarney Gardens, Cape Town.
This is a hands on type role with a lot of learning initially. The candidate must be driven and hardworking, passionate about manufacturing, able to communicate effectively, able to problem solve various problems, pay attention to detail, and willing to tackle all aspects of the production environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintenance of machines and equipment which make use of hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics.
- Production planning and monitoring
- Optimisation, quality control and continuous improvements
- Setting up and optimising new and existing production lines.
- Drafting any necessary documents to assist with the production.
- Completing internal and ISO documents
- Communicating all aspects of the business with the production manager
- Willing to work weekends and public holidays
- Prepared to work late if necessary to ensure smooth running of the production floor
- Neat, tidy and of sober habits
- Other general tasks