S-squared is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers who love what they do.
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our team for a 6-12 month Software Development internships.
interns join one of our small agile teams at our development office, launching
and growing new initiatives for S-squared’ s existing client base. Your team
will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation,
business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment
across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership.
Together we build systems that meet high standards of performance and
reliability and operate at massive scale.
Job Responsibilities include:
As an intern, you will go through induction training before joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you.
You will be part of a team of S-squared software engineers and you will help them create complex tools in several different programming languages that will help improve the quality of S squared's catalogue. You'll create professional quality software by applying software engineering best practices, while being exposed to cutting edge technologies.
· Bachelors/ Masters degree relevant to Information Technology/ Computer Engineering/ Computer Science/ Software Engineering etc.
· Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Development Experience in Java
· Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Understanding of, and practical experience with, machine learning/statistics/data science