Minimum Educational Qualifications:
· BSc / BCom Info Systems or Equivalent
Minimum Experience Required:
· 5 years Industry Experience
· MS SQL Server Administration
· Software development with Delphi will be a great advantage
· To provide support for the database applications, including the following:-
· Database administration.
· User access control.
· Setting up and maintenance of batch processes.
· Monitoring error logs.
· Utilisation of diagnostic and repair tools where necessary to ensure database integrity.
· Assessment of user requirements pertaining to custom reports/”bolt-on” applications.
· Generation of custom reports and “bolt-on” applications (the database administrator may use other resources within the IS departments or subcontractors if necessary).
· User support.
· Coordination of training.
· Liaison with vendor support personnel both nationally and internationally where necessary to resolve problems.
· Implementation of new features/modules/procedures where necessary to improve/streamline the business process.
· Assist with integration of systems across all application databases including: ERP; PLM; T&A and 3GATE.
To provide the BIS Manager with advice and
information regarding the ongoing improvement and upgrade of this database
application together with any hardware/software/operating system implications