Dev Ops Engineer
To help us achieve our strategic business goals, we are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our organisation.
With a global presence and a proven success rate of delivering technology solutions to support our client's business, we need to employ top talent to support our key business functions. Our expertise in networking and network-related technologies means that we employ only the best candidates to be a part of our dynamic team. They are the ones who make sure that we deliver technology services that support our client's business.
As a DevOps Engineer for the Research & Development team, your key function will be to bring a culture of automation first with what you do as well as a collaborative approach to working with development and operations teams. You will enable fast, reliable, repeatable cloud service deployments to our 26 data centers around the globe as well as AWS and Azure. Working closely with each of our product development teams you will ensure that our CI tools, processes and methods are enabling us to deliver world class cloud services and will ensure a smooth and transition from our development to our production environments. Working closely with our production operations team you will ensure a high level of automation and repeatability is achieved with our operational processes. In support of our production operations team you will also periodically provide out of hours level 5 support for major production incidents.
What we will expect you to do:
In this capacity we will need you to deliver on the following:
Be a strong advocate for a DevOps culture with our Development, Operations and Engineering teams
Have an automation first approach to application and infrastructure deployment, setup and configuration
Automate and regularly review/optimise our CI processes and tools
Continue to deepen your scripting, coding and system administration skills and apply them to reduce time to market for services
Be passionate about the quality of services that you are responsible for
Assist with the identification and investigation of emerging technologies and associated migration paths to provide cost effective and scalable solutions
And so much more.....
Here's what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- At least 5+ years experience with automating build, deployment and configuration of complex applications
Experience with automated deployment of highly scalable and available cloud based services
Good working knowledge of infrastructure design, including network, storage and compute layers
Knowledge and experience across the SDLC
Experience working in a multi-team environment across multiple geographies
Demonstrated testing and quality assurance experience
An IT related or Engineering tertiary qualification will be highly regarded
- In-depth experience with at least one automated deployment tool, Chef, Ansible and Octopus Deploy experience highly regarded
- Scripting experience and development experience (Powershell with .Net, bash, ruby, golang and python highly regarded)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft and/or Linux server plaforms
- Experience with infrastructure as code (terraform highly regarded)
- Proven design and architecture experience with virtualisation technologies including Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere. An understanding of network and storage virtualisation concepts.
- Cisco UCS server infrastructure. Understanding of UCS Fabric Interconnect concepts with experience in design and architecture.
- Design and deployment of industry leading storage infrastructure from NetApp and EMC. A strong understanding on SAN / NAS technologies and how these are integrated into cloud services.
- Cisco LAN / WAN networking infrastructure. An understanding of Cisco ACI, Nexus switching.System Centre experience highly regarded
- Working knowledge of relational databases and NoSql databases
- Experience with source control and build systems, GIT, Jenkins and TFS experience highly regarded
- Experience with containerisation and container management
- Experience evaluating and integrating new technologies and products
Key abilities required:
You will display strategic thinking ability and excellent conceptual skills.
You will need to demonstrate a strong ability to engage with various stakeholders, have a team based approach and work towards share goals and outcomes.
- You will need to display attention to detail and the ability to present ideas in a tangible form
- You will need to the ability to communicate design rationale and use your influencing skills to build consensus
Non-negotiable for us:
You enjoy working in a rapidly evolving, entrepreneurial, technology and service driven, client focused environment.
You are a results orientated individual, thinking and leading "out of the box."
You crave an environment that breeds intelligence and is known as a "smart" culture.
Finally, we care about our client, our colleagues and the environment and we want you to do the same.
If you think that you are the perfect match for our requirements, don't let this opportunity slip away.
Salary: R700k - 774k pe yea
Job Reference #: 2283