Network Engineer / Technician
Network Engineer/Field Technician/IT Support
JAG Networking installs and maintains Microsoft Server based networks for its clients. This job calls for an experienced Microsoft PC & Server Engineer to ensure that performance and availability of our customers’ infrastructure is maintained to their highest standards.
· 2 years’ experience with technical support and troubleshooting abilities.
· MCSE, MCP or equivalent.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Server, Exchange, ISA, SQL, IIS, Active Directory, Win 7, Win8, Win10, Outlook, VNC, RDP.
· Essential Protocol Knowledge: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, VPN, SMTP, POP, PPPoE etc.
· SA Driver’s License.
· Own transport essential.
· MUST have excellent people, telephone and written communication skills.
The successful applicant must have good knowledge of and experience with:
PC and Server Hardware, Networks and domains, Routers and Firewalls, Switches & Wireless equipment, Server & Client Software Installation, Setup & Configurations, Management.
The applicant with the following qualities/assets would have a distinct advantage:
· N-able software knowledge would be a huge advantage.
· Knowledge of business functions is important as the ability to communicate with
other employees in the company in both technical and non-technical roles, aswell as customers will further your career and progress.
The successful candidate’s key performance areas will be:
· Attend to Service Level Agreement duties.
· Provide telephonic support to clients.
· Provide first and second line support on site.
· Maintain reports on all activities.
· Service, repair and build PCs and servers.
· Helpdesk monitoring and remote support.
Help with research and implementation of solutions for new products and service offerings along with other system engineers.
· Rollouts of new installations and network upgrades.
ONLY SERIOUS CANDIDATES WHO POSSESS THE REQUIRED SKILLS NEED TO
R 12 000 (Basic and car allowance) plus Cell Phone and Petrol allowance (This will increase as you prove yourself)
If you meet the key requirements, please send a CV with a copy of your I.D. to firstname.lastname@example.org