IT Support Engineer
POSITION: IT Support Engineer
AVAILABLE: 1 March/April 2020
SALARY: Basic R16 000 per month
BENEFITS: Petrol Allowance / Performance Bonus
CONTRACT: Full time with a 3 month probation period, where after you will be re-evaluated.
We are an IT Solutions company in Brackenfell, looking for a young dynamic, best-in-class IT Support Engineer with a good knowledge and understanding of IT products and solutions.
- Provide exceptional support, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting for desktop hardware, peripherals, data backup solutions, mobile devices, wireless, software, anti-virus, file, internet, mail, cloud services and training.
- Perform network support, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Communicate with clients effectively and directly via phone, email and remote diagnostics to identify and resolve client reported issues.
- Ability to deliver work within agreed Service Level Agreement commitments, particularly desktop troubleshooting resolution standards, and adherence to call logging, ticketing and billing processes.
- Assist clients in recommending hardware, software and products that may benefit or enhance a client’s network. Provide technical advice, recommendations on industry standards, virus detection, connectivity issues, etc.
- Ensure that the devices, operating system and applications are up to date with the latest drivers, service packs and system and security patches.
- Assist with technology research and testing / Develop and streamline business processes.
- Liaise with 3rd party contractors and suppliers
- General IT administration duties
- At least 4-5 years’ hands-on experience in IT Support and Technical environment.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Customer Service Environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of IT products and ICT Solutions.
- Must have knowledge of Office 365 Management & Exchange setup, configuration & migration. Mikrotik router configuration & VOIP knowledge would be an advantage but training will be provided.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Afrikaans.
- Must have good experience with Windows 7, 8, 10, Office 2007-2019, Routers, Networking (wireless and Ethernet), Desktop/Laptop hardware troubleshooting, smart phone and e-mail setups, Apple products
- Own reliable transport and cellphone / Valid and current driver’s license
- Must be neat and presentable, friendly, reliable, trustworthy and must enjoy assisting clients with technical difficulties.
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, intelligent, go getter, be a fast learner, enjoy problem solving, handle stressful situations and have a passion for technology while keeping a high standard of professionalism.
If you do not hear from us by 20 February 2020, please consider your application unsuccessful.