Palm Springs Body Corporate runs a secure, well appointed sectional title scheme in Brooklyn, Cape Town with a customer service approach. An exciting opportunity exists for a capable, self-starter, who is willing to take responsibility in the position of Administrative Assistant.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the onsite administrative aspects of PSBC operations, including
• effective data driven administration - maintaining and drawing reports from electronic databases of residents, access by visitors and residents, incidents and maintenance issues;
• serving residents - assisting with biometric registration, movement forms, club house bookings, gym keys and deposits.
• assisting management - arranging and taking minutes of manager’s meetings with trustees and residents, as well as assisting with various reports and other administrative duties;
• administering petty cash accounting
• taking responsibility for the Human Resources function for a staff complement of +-18;
• and assisting when necessary with supervision of (cleaning, garden and security) staff as well as contractors.
The appointee will report to the General & Services Development Manager, but may also receive instructions from the Body Corporate’s Managing Agent.
Encouraged by the Trustees, the previous incumbent took the initiative in proposing, developing and running a series of outreach activities to engage the community of residents in relation to topical issues (such as water conservation and litter) and to provide opportunities for activities (particularly for children) to enhance the experience of living in Palm Springs. The Trustees recognise the value these initiatives have added; and would prefer to appoint an applicant who shows the aptitude and enthusiasm required to continue developing and running such programmes.
Requirements, Experience and Knowledge:
• 3 – 5 years relevant experience within an administrative environment
Skills and Attributes:
• Computer proficiency (MSOffice, Google Docs, Smartsheet a definite advantage)
• Good communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to Multitask
• Organised, self-starter
Working hours are Monday to Friday from 09h00 to 17h00 (but hours may vary).
One Saturday per month at month end from 09H00 to 11H00.
PSBC offers market-related Salary commensurate with skills and experience, leave, provident fund and generous incentive bonus.
The successful applicant will be offered appointment subject to satisfactory performance in a 3 month probation period.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview. Should you not receive a response within 3 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Forward you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org