Educare Assistant for educare in Welgelegen
Date Listed 17/08/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
I am looking for an educare assistant to help in my 18 month - 2.5 year class.
Candidate must have at least 2 years experience in childcare / creche / educare setting.
Duties would include:
- Provides childcare in a variety of programs, plans activities, implements the scheduled daily program, and assists the teachers in a variety of ways.
- Helps to ensure the safety and welfare of the children and protects each from physical or emotional harm. This includes performing all tasks with an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Provides an environment where everyone can have a positive experience throughout the day.
- Treats all children, families, and staff members with dignity and respect, and allow for individual differences.
- Prepares and follows a curriculum based on developmentally appropriate practices that helps each child reach his/her fullest potential in all areas of development.
- They offer aid to children when needed, as well as helping teachers prepare and execute lesson plans and activities. This includes performing organizational duties for teachers, like copying, printing and another computer work.
In addition, they continue their monitoring duties to ensure that student injuries are avoided and equipment is not damaged or used improperly
- Supervises and interacts with children at all times; mealtimes, rest periods, diapering/restroom times, play times, and activity times.
- Provides care for young children and infants, including changing diapers, feeding, and comforting.
- Maintains observation records and other required classroom logs correctly.
- Knows all health and emergency policies of the program and is ready to implement them if necessary.
- Helps with general housekeeping tasks e.g. wiping tables after meal times, sweeping floor etc.
- Shows initiative in the improvement of early childhood education, the program, and the curriculum by sharing ideas and participating in available training's.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Maintain appropriate communication with staff, children, and families at all times. Maintain an open, warm and very professional relationship with all families.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Please send CV WITH REFERENCES to email@example.com