Our Client an international award winning Durban restaurant is looking for an exceptional pastry chef. Great opportunity to take your career to an award winning level and show case your full range of skills and creativity.
· Formal Culinary / Patisserie qualification
· A minimum of 2-3 years experience in a medium / large sized Pastry section within a kitchen
· Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
· Understanding of kitchen procedure and timing requirements and be able to plan accordingly
· Passion for Patisserie work / chefing and kitchen-related duties
The ability to present fresh, innovative and modern Desserts, Breads and pastries.
Duties And Responsibilities
Above all pastry to impress and win awards
· Supervision and training of the Patisserie kitchen staff.
· Preparation of Desserts, Breads and pastries
· Effective guest interaction to enhance guest satisfaction.
· Effective management of Pastry section of the kitchen
· Administration of orders to minimize shortages and wastage and effective stock control.
· Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the Pastry kitchen is of the highest standard.
· Correct use and maintenance of Pastry kitchen equipment.
· Maintaining fridges and stores to the highest hygiene and stock rotation standards.
· Communication with kitchen and F&B front of house staff to ensure the smooth running of the Pastry Section.
· Achieving service excellence though Teamwork.
Send cv with 3 recent pastry photos/food portfolio