Hands of Honour( NPO 086/155) create jobs UP-CYCLING your unwanted/obsolete goods
Date Listed 17/02/2018
Hands of Honour is a registered NPO and our mission is to create much needed jobs
This we address through up-cycling unwanted goods that we collect from businesses and Corporations .
Winner -Spark* Changemakers of the year 2014
Top 5 -Chivas Venture Sa 2018
Our up-cycling venture addresses two problems in Cape Town.
1. Large scale unemployment among township men, especially those languishing in soup kitchens.
2. Lack of space and Early Learning tools/ furniture that inspire critical thinking and creativity in young children ,focusing on under resourced township/rural Early Learning Centres /Edu –Cares
SOLUTION :Creating Employment : Hands of Honour employs the ‘unemployable’ in South Africa - those who have experienced homelessness, crime and / or substance abuse - to up-cycle obsolete stock and recyclable items. Much of this waste is provided through partnerships with the corporate sector and would otherwise end up in landfills. Workers process the waste, either rehabilitating material or stripping goods for sale of parts.
Proceeds from this have two benefits:
• Provide salaries for workers who otherwise have no work options available to them;
• Profits are invested in derelict community spaces, focusing on public spaces which have become havens for anti-social behaviour.
SOLUTION:Manufacturing and distributing award winning Early Learning tools and furniture that will prepare the next generation of problem solvers, collaborators, and critical thinkers
• One of our products ,the Angel Classroom on Wheels was declared a winner in an international competition for early learning tools/furniture that inspire creativity and critical thinking in young children.It was a winner in two categories (Best Idea + Best visual) in the Swarm Vision’s ‘’ Future of Education ‘’ campaign ,beating 384 entries ,among them design and education experts.
• A real space saver and specifically designed for Early learning Centres where a lack of space is a daily challenge ,the unit literally folds open to reveal a world of learning and adventure through the books and educational aids installed within it’s confines.
• The Angel Classroom on Wheels ,as presented now ,provides an educational Hub for a Pre-schools class of up to 30 learners.
Focusing on three learning areas :
• Life -Skills
Calling big business and Corporations ,sponsor a unit today and help us get these educational units to needy early learning centres in townships and rural areas