2004 Porsche Boxster S 550 Spyder Limited Edition
Date Listed 06/12/2018
For Sale By Owner
Body Type Convertible
Fuel Type Petrol
Porsche Collector? this is THE CAR that experts say will only increase in value! A Future Classic.
In 2004 Porsche built 1953 limited edition Boxster’s to commemorate the 1953 Porsche 550 Spyder. They built an incredible package, in fact they basically took the entire Boxster option list and put it on this car. 99% of the Boxster’s for sale are fairly lightly equipped, if you buy one of these you get all the options that really make the car but most people didn’t want to pay for new. What a deal! Here is just a basic overview of what is included in this package:
- GT Silver paint previously reserved for the Carrera GT
- Highest Horsepower 986 Boxster ever made, 264hp up from 258 on a regular “S”
- 15% reduction short shifter
- Sport Exhaust and tailpipe
- 10mm lower ride height
- 5mm wheel spacers
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM)
- Litronic Headlights
- 18” Carrera Wheels finished in Seal Gray
- 4 Piston aluminum brake calipers in an aluminum finish
- Painted rear engine gills
- Chrome Plated Boxster “S” badging on the rear deck
- Dark Brown natural full leather interior
- GT Silver Painted Seat Backs
- Heated Sport Seats
- Perforated leather handbrake lever, shift boot, sport steering wheel.
- GT Silver center console, radio surround, handbrake and roll bars
- Chrome plated gauge rings and serial number plaque
- BOSE Audio and 6-disc CD Changer
- Trip computer
In case you are not familiar, of the 986 Boxsters (1997-2004) the 2003 and 2004 are the ones to own. Porsche made over 2,000 changes to the car between model year 2002 and 2003. They are obviously too myriad to list here but here are a few highlights:
- Redesigned softop with a sleeker profile and most importantly a GLASS WINDOW for the very first time. This is a HUGE improvement.
- Horsepower jumped to 258 for the Boxster S
- The optional 18” wheels (that this car thankfully has) weigh 23.76 lbs LESS than last year’s 18” wheels. That makes unbelievable difference in unsprung weight and handling.
- They added a real glove box, hard to believe they didn’t have one before, but now they do!
- Much improved cup holders; you know how important those are!