SONGS FOR THE BUTCHERS DAUGHTER - By PETER MANSEAU
a month ago51 views
Add to My List
"SONGS FOR THE BUTCHER'S DAUGHTER"
By PETER MANSEAU
"One sweltering summer, a young graduate already running out of career options takes a job in a Yiddish book warehouse and finds himself falling in love with both a woman and a language. It is here that he first crosses paths with Itsik Malpesh, the (self-proclaimed) last great Yiddish poet.
When he discovers a set of old ledgers in which Malpesh has written his memoirs -- twenty-two volumes brimming with adventure, deception, passion and wit -- the young man is compelled to translate them. In so doing, he embarks upon a great lie that will define his future, and the most unlikely yet enduring friendship hell ever have."
- 370 PAGES
- LISTED RETAIL PRICE: R 250 (12.99 GBP)
- CONDITION: VERY SLIGHT DAMAGE TO BOTTOM EDGE OF SPINE, OTHERWISE EXCELLENT
Id Subtitle 469789332
- about financial accounting volume 2 7th edition
- essential mathematics for economics and business
- information ethics and the law
- auditing legislation and standards
- pc games
- group statements
- saica handbook
- microeconomics for unisa. 7th edition.
- introduction to communication
- grade 12 textbooks
- criminal law
- descriptive accounting ifrs focus
- new media in the information society
- managerial finance
- board game