The Vision Of Emma Blau - Ursula Hegi.
3 years ago451 views
Add to My List
The Vision Of Emma Blau - Ursula Hegi. The Vision of Emma Blau is the luminous epic of a bicultural family filled with passion and aspirations, tragedy and redemption. At the beginning of the twentieth century, Stefan Blau, whom readers will remember from Stones from the River, flees Burgdorf, a small town in Germany, and comes to America in search of the vision he has dreamed of every night. The novel closes nearly a century later with Stefan's granddaughter, Emma, and the legacy of his dream: the Wasserburg, a once-grand apartment house filled with the hidden truths of its inhabitants both past and present. Ursula Hegi creates a fascinating picture of immigrants in America: their dreams and disappointments, the challenges of assimilation, the frailty of language and its transcendence, the love that bonds generations and the cultural wedges that drive them apart. Softcover book. Secondhand book. English. Fiction. 432 Pages. 072 501 3890.
This book will be removed when sold.
Id Subtitle 174613401
- biggie best
- global and southern african perspectives
- ten out of ten meg cabot the princess diaries 10.
- life orientation textbooks
- sex or fuck in germiston
- rotse van vergelding adam timmerman.
- pearl in the mist virginia andrews landry series 1.
- biscuit recipes
- corporate innovation and entrepreneurship
- harry potter philosopher stone book
- marketing management a south african perspective 3rd edition
- cooking books
- guinness book of records
- principles of global business management
- jodi picoult
- musiek boeke
- waar liefde vonkel marilyn bennett melodie.
- romanse agter die skerms helena hugo melodie.