Laudes Wooden (Gothic Style) Table Clock 41 cm x 20 cm
Date Listed 18/12/2016
For Sale By Dealer
These clocks are pieces of work by Carlos Fernandez- Ardavin and are made like in the middle ages.
- It is a portable Gothic clock moved by a steel spring and its regulation is carried out by the “foliot” which is a stick with small counter-weights on its sides that can be regulated.
- This clock is not a copy of any original design, but has the same works as gothic clocks, identical mechanical systems and materials (wood, brass and iron), using the same techniques as at the time.
- Naturally, the face of this clock has only one hand; the minute hand was to appear with the pendulum clock, in the eighteenth century.
- Wind up the clock by turning the crank always anti-clockwise, till the spring stops.
- The clock will immediately start working.
- The regulation of this clock must be done by varying the position of the counter-weights A and B in the “foliot”.
- The more you approach the counter-weights symmetrically towards the escapement axle, the faster the clock works and vice versa.
NB: WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO SMS'S
FOR COLLECTABLES, FURNITURE & OBJECTS D 'ART VISIT OUR SHOP 'COLLECTABLES CAFE'
CONTACT NO: 021 782 9067
12 GLEN RD
GLENCAIRN JUST BEFORE SIMONSTOWN
RIGHT OPP GLENCAIRN BEACH
WE ARE OPEN FROM 9 AM - 5 PM 7 DAYS A WEEK