Part-Time Community Development / Liaison Officer
BRIEF OVERALL DUTIES:
· Attend meetings with Project Steering Committee (PSC)
· Produce monthly report (template will be supplied to him/her)
· Attend site meeting to present PSC meeting minutes and monthly reports
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
· Three (3) year qualification in Social Sciences or a 3 year Qualification in Public Relations
· Two (2) years relevant work experience in community liaising OR Development projects
· Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations and communications programs.
· Ability to maintain complete and accurate records and statistics and to develop meaningful reports.
· High ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing.
· High ability to make oral presentations before large/small groups of people.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
· Excellent communication skills IsiXhosa
· Problem solving ability
· A valid driver’s license
· Own Transport preferable