We are seeking to hire a Sales Manager to ensure the growth of PureMadi’s sales and help us achieve our mission of providing clean drinking water for communities in South Africa.
The Salesperson should be a University graduate and hold a bachelor’s degree. Preferred majors or concentrations include economics, business, and/or communication, although applicants with degrees related to hydrology and environmental science and engineering will also be considered.
Ideally, the salesperson is enthusiastic about the product, has good customer service skills, communication skills, teamwork and interpersonal skills, flexibility, and persistence. The position will be full-time, requiring 40 hours per week. The employee should be willing to work partly on commission. Salary and commission structure will be commensurate with experience.
The Salesperson must be fluent in English and have documentation to work in South Africa. A driver’s license and a reliable mode of transportation to and from the Dertig facility is required to be considered for this position. Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
● Learn and understand the ceramic filter technology and uses
● Direct sales activities by presenting, promoting, and selling filters
● Work with Dertig Facility Manager and PureMadi to devise and implement strategies to increase sales and revenue
● Grow our customer base by establishing, developing, and maintaining positive business relationships to ensure future sales
● Achieve or exceed agreed-upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
● Supply Dertig Facility Manager and PureMadi with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, and potential for new sales
● When necessary, work with visiting University of Virginia student and faculty teams
Information about PureMadi can be found online at www.puremadi.org.
To apply, please send a resume, a cover letter stating reasons for interest in the position, and 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.