The Marketing Assistant will assist and support the Marketing Manager to build the brand and will be responsible for assisting in the production & execution of strategic marketing plans for the brand.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Working closely with and support the Marketing Manager in the customization of the global marketing strategy for each market.
- Continually be immersed in the industry and identify and report on competitor activity world wide.
- Maintain relations and flow of communications with distributors.
- Monitoring and assisting with all online queries.
- Assist Marketing Manager where needed with Graphic Design to produce marketing materials
- Work with distributors, staff and suppliers to maintain communication consistency at all touch points.
- Assist with market research activities in store and the general marketplace.
- Assist Marketing Manager with the Digital + Social Media profiles
Desired Experience & Qualification
Education & Experience Requirements
- Essential: Matric and relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing.
- Advantageous: Graphic design + Social Media certificate/diploma’s
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar marketing role within an overlanding environment.
- Drives for alignment – communicates effectively and collaborates with others to ensure success
- Analytical thinker – able to process information effectively
- Drives for results – understands what needs to be done, plans, proactively solves problems, identifies and shares opportunities and issues
- Energetic – engaged and enthusiastic, can-do attitude and willingness
- Excellent command of English language, professional manner & work ethic
Skills & Abilities
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Good communicator and able to cope effectively under time pressure
- Good analytical thinking skills
- Team Player
- Digital advertising & social media experience
- Graphic design (Indesign, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Wordpress experience advantageous
- Data Handling and Analysis