PURPOSE OF THE DIVISION
The department promotes the public image by providing information about the organisation to the public, media and all other internal and external stakeholders, including partner offices of the wider PA family.
1. Write and edit content for web, print and other media, including during emergencies and campaigns;
2. Proactively engage with the national and regional media to establish effective relationships, promote a positive image of the company and its work, raising awareness of the emergency relief and development issues affecting communities globally and locally
3. Work alongside colleagues to cover various press office duties and provider wider media and communications support to colleagues in the field, as well as to cover fundraising events
PERSON SPECIFICATION (Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications)
• Journalism qualification or equivalent experience
• Excellent journalistic skills (research, writing & editing)
• Ability to research and write clear and creative content quickly for a variety of channels, including: press, print and web.
• Previous experience in performing marketing and advertising duties
• Excellent verbal communication skills with an excellent command of English; good presentational skills
• Ability to understand and absorb the issues relating to economic development, education, agriculture, nutrition, bereavement, creating livelihoods and related topics.
• Knowledge of the development/NGO context
• Must be experienced in working to tight deadlines in a demanding environment
• Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
• Attention to detail and able to complete tasks often working independently
• A high degree of flexibility and adaptability in order to respond to changing needs
• A commitment to the aims and values of The company
• Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
• Experience of working in an NGO environment would be an advantage
Contact : email@example.com
082 741 8805