An innovative medtech company situated in Pretoria East is seeking an analytical Senior Accountant with at least 3 years’ experience to join their team.
Responsible for preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
Minimum education (essential):
- Com Accounting Degree or related Financial Degree
Minimum education (desirable):
- Honours Degree in Accounting
Minimum applicable experience (years):
- 3 years
Required nature of experience:
- Full bookkeeping experience up to trial balance (Including debtors management, creditors management, general ledger)
- Tax compliance
- Statutory compliance
- Financial Reporting
- Month end procedure management
- Team management
- Beneficial if articles were completed at an accounting firm
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
- Accounting Software (ie Pastel / Xero)
- Microsoft Excel
- SARS efiling
- Risk Assessment
- Measurement Analysis and Interpretation
- Ratio Analysis
- Examining Information
- Showing Composure
- Meeting Timescales
- Checking Things
- Following Procedures
- Producing Output
- Upholding Standards
- Managing Tasks
- Analyzing Information
- Documenting Facts
- Interpreting Data
- Developing Expertise
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Establishing Rapport
- Resolving Conflict
- Thinking Positively
- Embracing Change
- Inviting Feedback
- Understanding People
- Team working
- Taking Action
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS, WEIGHTS AND OBJECTIVES
Financial Reporting 10%
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Perform variance analysis and prepare account reconciliations.
Month End Procedure Management 50%
- Manage and assist the team to complete the month-end procedure within deadline.
- Prepare month-...