Junior Creditors Clerk
Reporting to the Creditor Supervisor, the Junior Creditors Clerk is responsible for providing a clerical and administrative service in respect of creditor’s accounts to ensure sound adherence to financial procedures. Must be able to start immediately.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Process invoices;
• Ensure all invoices received are VAT compliant;
• Reconcile invoices against supplier statement and payment advice;
• Resolve and process outstanding invoices and other items on reconciliations;
• Prepare payments to creditors and on-demand vendors;
• Ensure correct payments are made within agreed terms;
• Follow up on outstanding purchase orders;
• Maintain an efficient filing system with respect to accounting data, records, contracts and invoices;
• Provide periodic reports and reconciliation supporting schedules as directed from time to time;
• Communicate, follow-up and resolve queries with suppliers and divisions; and
• Adherence to internal control procedures;
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Professional Qualification: Grade 12 required;
• Experience: At least 1 years’ experience in creditors administration and reconciliations;
• Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications;
• General knowledge of creditors processes.
• Accurate and meticulous;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Good telephone etiquette;
• Good problem-solving ability;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Excellent numeracy skills.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES FROM A PREVIOUSLY DISADVANTAGED BACKGROUND, IN TERMS OF OUR COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE FEEDBACK WITHIN TWO WEEKS PLEASE ASSUME THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL