The Assistant Accountant reports to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for the full function accounting duties pertaining to the business – debtors, creditors, petty cash, banking accounts, statutory returns.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Customer Invoicing and Receipting
· Invoice customers on a timely basis
· Capture all customer and suppliers.
· Issue customer statements on a monthly basis
· Supplier Payments and Expenses
· Ensure all suppliers invoices are appropriately authorized for payment and captured
· Make supplier payments in accordance to instructions from Management
· Reconciliations of Key Accounts
· Reconcile all bank accounts
· Conduct monthly reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
· Ensure all Statutory returns are accurately submitted on due dates once the have been processed.
·Budgets and Financial Statements
· Prepare annual budgets
· Process and capture month end Bank statements
· Prepare draft monthly financial statements and reports
· Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
· Provide information to external auditors for the annual audit
· Produce balance sheet, profit and loss and project summary reports as required by the Finance Manager
· Comply with general office policies, procedures and all legal requirements.
· Undertake any other specific duties as required by the Finance Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Computer processing skills, general accounting and bookkeeping training, record keeping practices and training, or related job experience.
· Attention to detail and the ability to organize complex information neatly and accurately.
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Reliable and flexible
Education and Formal Training
· Degree in Accounting or Finance
Approximately 3 years with Pastel accounting and current knowledge of all legislation associated with the preparation and maintenance of organizational financials.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R 14,000 – R 15,000
Required : 1 April if possible
Location : Umhlanga
Kindly send CVs to email@example.com