Business Modelling (R650k - R850k)
• Provide technical support to the financial modelling team by building both high-level group models and detailed company models, as well as data analysis for management and exco and to help guide the business through effective impact analysis across the business units
• Building financial models using historical data and providing forecasts based on various industry-related operating metrics.
• Conducting Scenario Analysis based on macro and micro factors that will help in accessing risk.
• Ability to take-over and enhance existing models as well as build new models.
• Utilization of simple models for scenario analysis and detailed models for financial statement builds.
• Identifying the key financial and non-financial risks, recommending actions for mitigation of those risks.
• Applying appropriate sensitivity and scenario analysis to support investment actions.
• Updating financial models during earnings seasons and following corporate actions.
• Analysing and identifying data requirements related derivation rules and model tracking.
• Valuation of companies.
• Capital structure analysis.
• Acquire a detailed understanding of the various companies in the business including the related covenants and debt profiles in each structure.
• Understanding the dynamics between the companies and the impact that changes in various business units will have on each company.
Support the team with ad-hoc requests from business, including both modelling and data requests and analysis.
• Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends.
Knowledge, Attributes and Skills
• Demonstrate financial analysis techniques
• Analytical skills
• Articulating information
• Checking results for reasonability
• Meeting deadlines
• Producing presentable output
• Showing composure
• Ability to handle pressure, work extra hours if necessary as the final stakeholders are often external funders or shareholders.
• A logical framework for problem-solving
• Attention to detail, the ability to easily zoom in on details, and zoom out to high-level strategy
• Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives
• Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
• Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
• Experience working with, and presenting to, senior managers and executives
• 3+ years of financial modelling experience
• Expert excel skills
• Basic programming skills in VBA/Python/SQL
• BCom/BSc degree and honours.
• Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
R650 000 - R850 000 per year
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or respond to the ad