An Accounting firm in the Upper Highway area is seeking to employ a Tax Consultant. Please ensure that you met the relevant criteria before applying.
Position available immediately.
Applicant to have a valid drivers licence and own transport. The position will require travelling (local) from time to time.
Salary bracket is between R 22 000 and R 25 000.00 (based on experience)
Please state you required salary on your application
20 Days annual leave
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 071 383 1642
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted please consider your application unsuccessful.
Tax Consultant Job Descriptions
· Preparation of Individual IT12 and company IT14 tax returns.
· Collating and uploading supporting documents requested by SARS.
· Adding tax clients onto tax systems and/or efiling, which will include any efiling authentications.
· Checking of Income Tax assessments and preparation of Income Tax assessment letters.
· Preparation and submission of Income Tax disputes.
· Attending to PAYE and VAT queries raised by SARS or the client
· Preparation of IT14SD – Supplementary declarations
· Preparing VAT and PAYE recons for the Bookkeeping department
· Attending to Income tax and VAT audits (large scale audits)
· Scanning and emailing of tax related documents.
· Preparation of schedules for tax related matters.
· Checking and updating banking details for taxpayers on internal and external systems.
· Ensure that any queries received from and SARS and clients are dealt with promptly and accurately.
· Deregistration requests for taxpayers
· Preparation work for provisional tax calculations when requested by management.
· Attend appointments at SARS at the request of management.
· General tax work as required by management.
· Updating billing information as required by management.
· Any statutory applications required by management
· Workmens compensation and RMA registrations and annual submissions
· General administration work as required by management.
All Microsoft programmes
Caseware/Taxware - Advantageous
Qualifications & Attributes:
Degree in taxation – Advantageous
Registered tax practitioner - Advantageous
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Need to be attention to detail driven
Strong time management skills and ability to handle pressure
Need to have the ability to use your own initiative to tackle any problems and see them through to completion.
Please note that during the interview the candidate will be expected to complete a test to ensure their tax knowledge is as defined in their CV.