Accountant - Ad posted by Leila Khan
A Company based at the Waterfront is looking for a suitably qualified individual to provide the functions of a Group Accountant.
• Responsible for the production of monthly consolidated management accounts.
• Responsible for cost control and expense management and ensuring that efficiencies are identified within the businesses.
• Monitoring and reporting on actual performance versus budget, following up on variances and ensuring that corrective actions are implemented.
• Assisting operations managers in the preparation of operational performance reports and presentations for EXCO.
• Monitoring and reviewing of the Group’s systems and controls and ensuring that systems are working as intended.
• Reviewing all balance sheet accounts recons and ensuring that all reconciling items are properly investigated and cleared.
• Assist the financial manager in the preparation of reports for the CFO.
• Assist the financial manager in the preparation of annual financial statements.
• Preparation of cash flow forecasts and monitoring of actual cash flows to ensure they are in line with the forecasts.
• Provide assistance in project evaluations, asset purchase evaluations etc.
COMPETENCIES AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
1. Knowledge, qualifications and experience
• BCom in Accounting Degree
• Newly qualified Chartered Accountant preferred
• Completed articles at an audit firm
2. Technical Skills
• Advanced knowledge of IFRS.
• Group consolidation
• Advanced working knowledge of MS office software packages.
• Advanced working knowledge of CaseWare.
• Knowledge of SYSPRO, Pastel, MACROS and SAP Business One would be advantageous.
• Financial Acumen.
3. Personal Attributes/Behavioural Competencies
Uses appropriate methods of communication and transmits clear, professional messages. Checks own understanding before communicating. Exchanges information, news, ideas and views to create shared meaning.
Analytical: Systematically evaluates and exams data to uncover interrelationships to establish trends, changes and to identify risks and communicates this with management.
Interpersonal Skills: Constructively handles disputes and people issues. Has skills in the areas of relationship building, communication, listening and providing feedback. States views, feelings and opinions in confident way without being aggressive. Willingness to work overtime as required.
Ethics: Is honest, responsible and moral in interactions with colleagues and customers. Demonstrates principles of decent human conduct.
Solution Driven: Identifies problems, analyses problems, generates workable solutions and resolves problems timeously.