Back to search ( Western Cape > Northern Suburbs > Jobs > Accounting & Finance Jobs > ad 498467541 )
Experienced Snr Bookkeeper / Accountant
The Utility Consult Group requires a fulltime Senior Bookkeeper / Accountant
Main focus will be:
· Prepare Monthly TB balance sheet and income statements – Management accounts.
· Prepare reports for discussion with owners, Cash Flow projections, Expense monitoring
· Monthly Bank Reconciliations
· Monitor investment accounts
· Calculate monthly intercompany admin fees and raise invoices accordingly
· Balancing of intercompany Loan accounts and monitoring of interest charges
· VAT reporting and reconciling. Submission to SARS
· Completion of monthly commission and salary payments
· Monthly EMP201 and Annual Records for Yearly EMP501
· Supply Auditor with Figures to Calculate Provisional TAX and Company Tax
· Prepare year- end adjustments and facilitate the annual Audit
· Daily Banking updates and recording thereof for Customer accounts
· Oversee the processing of all capturing from the accounts administrator
· Improve accounts and admin system and implementing thereof for a more efficient workflow.
· Capturing of data onto Pastel system
*Must have strong knowledge and efficient experience in Pastel and MS Excel.
· *Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
· *Preference is given candidates living in the Northern Suburbs
Send your CV with Salary Current and Expectation to: ******
How About: — BELLVILLE—, working as a — BOOKKEEPER/ PAYROLL OFFICER— for the AGRICULTURAL Industry.
Relevant tertiary education (suitable degree/diploma with 3 – 5 years working experience in bookkeeping and payroll)
Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel) & accounting package
Knowledge/experience in VAT, fixed assets & inventory control
Must be prepared to work as a team & be able to multi-task
The following will count in your favour
Experience in NAV, DIPAR or any similar logistics / financial software
Previous experience in the agriculture industry
Monthly bookkeeping up to Trail Balance
Posting and Reconciliation of:
Preparation & loading of electronic payments
Job related general administrative tasks within the finance department
Any other duty in the finance department that might be required from the employee from time to time
— SEND CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within the following 7 working days.
You can also follow us at @vinerecruitment or www.vinerecruitment.co.za for regular updates on all our vacancies.
Consultant Name: Desmaine Van Der Merwe
We are looking for a qualified bookkeeper and office manager with at least 5 years’ experience to join the management team of our factory. You will be reporting to the Director and Accountant of the business and be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and office management tasks.
You will be responsible for managing:
Accounts payable and receivable
Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
Monthly, Quarterly & Annual reports
General administration tasks
Debt collecting & debtors book
Assist with annual audit
All Tax related Submissions
Statements to Customers
Handover of arrears accounts
Banking, Financial reporting to the Director
Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
Experience in Pastel (Sage One)
Experience in Simplepay
Experience in higher grade MS Excel & Word
Strong Organisational and time management skills
Meticulous and accurate with a high attention to detail
Strong communication skills, written and verbal
Working hours 7h30 to 16h30
Salary range: R12 000 – R16 000
Kindly please email your CV and recent payslip to email@example.com Applications without this will not be considered.
Please NO time wasters!
3-5 years experience in both Debtors and Creditors
Matric with mathematics
Computer literacy with strong excel skills
Strong reconciliation skills
Excellent English oral and written communication
Ability to work independently
Ability to exercise initiative and assertiveness
Prepare and send statements on a monthly basis
Update system daily with debtors listing
Follow up on outstanding debtors, by telephone and email
Liaising with debtors to resolve any account queries and all necessary reconciliations
Updating and maintaining of debtors records
Prepare weekly / month end statements and ensure that they are sent out timeously
Assisting Financial Accountant with general admin duties where needed
Issue invoices / credit notes
Liaise with Creditors / solve queries
Preparation and matching of Purchase Orders
Compile all creditors’ documentation
Request statements from Suppliers
Complete and ensure opening of creditors accounts (where authorized)
Complete creditor reconciliations
Compile payment schedule for creditors
Liaise with department staff on procedural issues
Complete capturing in line with deadlines set
Prepare supplier Payment pack for approval by management
Ad hoc duties as requested by management
General administration tasks
Ensuring contracts are signed and filed
Submitting and receiving completed vendor forms – follow up for missing information
Follow up on POD (Pay on Delivery) documentation daily
Tracking of outstanding POD’s
Maintaining schedule of Transporter’s GIT (Goods in Transit) insurance ensuring they are always up to date
Company Partners need a Bookkeeper/ Accountant to join our Finance Team. Our Company Vision is to empower our Clients by giving them the best foundation to start their Business via various business services. The Finance Department plays an integral part in our company’s ability to provide such service. We need somebody to share our passion and grow with our Company. You will be provided with numerous opportunities to grow and improve your abilities. We are based in the Bellville/ Welgemoed area.
1. Follow-up with statement clients monthly (Debtors Control).
2. Assisting clients with Invoice related queries
3. Annual Returns Reconciliation on a bi-monthly basis.
4. Monthly Department Reconciliations.
5. Processing of bank account transactions to various GL Accounts on a monthly basis.
6. Assist in Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts
7. Payroll Maintenance on a monthly basis (Creating payslips, calculating commissions).
8. Calculating VAT Liability Bi-Monthly
8. Assist with SARS returns, such as VAT201 and EMP201, on a monthly and bi-monthly basis.
9. Assist Finance Manager with ad-hoc duties as requested from time to time.
You need to be very strong in admin, work methodically with attention to detail and be a system driven individual.
- Qualification – Diploma in Bookkeeping/ Accounting or similar
- Bookkeeping and accounting experience (Minimum 6 months)
- Excellent Administrative skill set
- Have a high attention to detail
- Able to work effectively, accurately and systematically under pressure
- Work within tight daily deadlines
- You need to be excellent with email management and writing
- Teamwork – work together with a focused, driven and friendly team
- Computer literate – excellent Outlook, Excel and Word skills.
- Experienced in PASTEL or similar accounting programme
- Able to communicate fluently in English and Afrikaans
- Pleasant, positive and friendly attitude
- Work fast, focused and effective
Remuneration: R8 000 – R10 000
The position for Junior Bookkeeper/ Accountant will be a starting salary of R8 000 per month. We will cover the necessary Tax and UIF contributions.
1 June 2019.
If you are interested:
1. Please motivate why you think you will be a good fit for Company Partners? Please ensure to visit our website to learn more about us.
2. Send your motivation, C.V. and any other applicable documentation (work references, qualification documents etc.) to the following email address and quote Bookkeeper on the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client an Accounting Auditing Firm in Bellville is looking for an experienced TAX Administrator with the relevant experience and qualification
Salary Negotiable – Depends on Qualification and Experience – URGENT Position
• B Com Accounting or equivalent degree in taxation OR TAX Diploma acceptable
• Minimum of 2-3 +years’ experience within the TAX / Accounting field
• Experience in working on Taxware
• Responsible and dedicated to "going the extra mile".
• Must demonstrate personal and time management skills in order to ensure deadlines are met.
• SARS and E-filing experience
• MS Excel and MS Word literacy required at intermediate level
• Knowledge of South African Income Tax and Tax Administration Act
Assisting the companies tax clients as needed, but not limited to:
• Administer provisional tax by capturing IRP6’s, sending Provisional Review reports to partners, sending IRP6’s to clients, and monitoring receipt of payments from clients
• Generating fees relating to tax administration
• Applying to SARS for extensions and duplicate tax returns
• Capturing of all tax related documentation on Taxware / E-Filing
• Maintaining the client base on Taxware, thus ensuring an up-to-date accurate data base
• Liaising with SARS re account balances, interest and penalties
• Checking of assessments, Monitoring the payment of refunds to clients from SARS
• Performing any other tasks relating to tax administration
• Monitoring of submissions to ensure all tax returns submitted are assessed
• Calculating third and additional top-up payments when required
• Assisting clients with completion of SD returns, objections and notices iro SARS returns
• Completion, submission and maintenance of dividends tax returns manually and on efiling.
• Completion, submission and maintenance of STT returns manually and on efiling.
• VAT registrations, PAYE registration and Income Tax registration with SARS (Administration and SARS appointment)
• Attending SARS appointments, dealing with queries on behalf of clients.
• Updating client’s details with SARS (for example bank details)
• Objections to SARS regarding incorrect assessments or SARS queries for all Taxes.
• Income tax calculation of individuals
Frogg Recruitment SA
Consultant Name: Quinton Wright
Our client, based in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town, requires an individual with a keen eye for detail, to join their finance team in the role of Accountant.
• Bookkeeping function on Pastel (posting of journal entries, sales invoices, supplier invoices, cashbook entries, etc.);
• Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
• Preparation/submission of all company tax returns
• Dealing with SARS queries, resolving SARS disputes
• CIPC: Submission of annual returns and other company administrative changes.
• Review the accuracy of ledger accounts;
• Accounts payable/receivable;
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and monthly reporting;
• Liaising with auditors and assisting in the audit proses;
• Budget preparation and comparisons;
• Preparation and maintenance of the fixed asset register;
• Assist with month-end reporting and payments.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Tertiary Qualification in Accounting
• SAIPA Articles or 3-year similar Accounting experience
• Pastel Partner Accounting experience
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Deadline driven
If your background matches the requirements and you would like to apply or receive more information, please:
• Click on the "Apply" button or
• Apply online at www.casupport.co.za/vacancies or
• Forward a comprehensive CV to email@example.com with “SLM ACCOUNTANT" in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.